NOACA Bike Buddies
Would you like to ride your bicycle to work but think you’d feel more comfortable if you had a riding companion? OhioBikeBuddies is an online matching service that can help you find fellow bike commuters. Here’s how it works:
- Log onto the OhioRideshare/OhioBikeBuddies web site and click the "Register" button.
- Enter your account information and home address.
- In the very last step of the registration process, you will create a "Commute Profile" indicating the start and end location of this trip (you can now create more than one profile for your different commutes!)
- Enter the preferences for your commute. Make sure to check on "Bike/Walk" and uncheck "Carpool" if this is a Bike commute
- Click "Save Commute" when complete. This will bring you to your "MyPage" where you can click "Find Rideshare Matches" to see potential biking partners.
- The site produces a map showing a suggested route from the beginning location to your work site, as well as the approximate locations of other bicycle commuters.
- Contact potential bicycling buddies directly by e-mail through the OhioRideshare site. You decide how much of your personal information to reveal, so your information remains confidential.
Bicycle Commuting Advantages:
- It’s great exercise
- Saves money on fuel, tolls and parking
- Reduces air pollution
- Reduces traffic congestion
- Reduces need for parking spaces
New to Bicycle Commuting?
Check out the links below to help you get started:
- Bicycle Safety Tips [http://bikeleague.org]
- Bicycle Training [http://ohiocitycycles.org]
- Bicycle Planning [http://www.noaca.org]
Ready to Register?
Click on the icon below.